If we compare Grammarly and ProWritingAid, Grammarly is the first choice for many writers. But there are pros and cons to both services. ProWritingAid offers a more customizable interface, while Grammarly is compatible with Scrivener. However, Grammarly has a better interface and works better with Scrivener. It is also significantly cheaper, particularly the premium plan.
Although both services claim to be 100% accurate, it’s a good idea to check which one is better and why. An honest Grammarly review article on our website will help you know about the features of Grammarly.
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
Grammarly Vs ProWritingAid: Main Features
When you compare these two writing tools, you will find some similarities and some differences. Here are some of the features that are similar in both tools.
- Suggestive Words: ProWritingAid is a great choice for writers who are over 2000 words. The premium version offers extra features, like a rephrasing feature. If you use the free version, it will propose synonyms for up to four words, while the paid version flags words for up to ten. You can use Grammarly to edit and improve your writing. This tool will also suggest alternative word usage, allowing you to avoid repetition and focus on the most important points.
- Easy-to-use: The free version of Grammarly is very simple to use. You simply sign in with your email address and choose which plan you’d like to subscribe to. The software will then scan your text and highlight any errors, which are highlighted in red. If you’ve used passive voice, Grammarly will highlight the wrong word and prompt you to change it. If you’re unsure how to change it, you can hover your mouse over the highlighted words to view a pop-up dialogue box.
- Grammatical Errors: While Grammarly’s top bar gives you a quick summary of errors and suggested corrections, the top bar disappears every now and then. But if you use ProWritingAid premium, it also has the added benefit of highlighting the affected words in real-time. The software also seamlessly integrates with Scrivener, but Grammarly lacks this feature. It does not let you set goals, though.
- Pricing: Unlike ProWritingAid, Grammarly’s Premium plan is significantly more expensive than its competitor. Despite a free trial, there is no such thing as a free trial. It’s a good idea to try out both programs to decide which one is the best option for you. The difference between the two tools isn’t just in price but in the number of suggested corrections.
- Premium Features: Both services are very useful for writers. ProWritingAid offers more features and allows you to write more effectively. Both have a premium version, but the free version is limited to a few select features. The ProWritingAid Premium feature has more flexibility. You can use Grammarly Premium for free. The premium version can save your work in cloud storage. This service is more expensive than Grammarly, but both can correct your mistakes.
- Plagiarism Checker: Grammarly’s free trial is limited and requires an internet connection to work. However, the paid version includes a plagiarism checker. The main difference between the two is in the features. ProWritingAid’s free version offers more features than Grammarly but is only available to paid subscribers. It also works with MS Word, MS Outlook, Google Docs, and MS Outlook. Both systems offer the same functionality, but they do it in different ways.
While ProWritingAid offers a more robust grammar tool, Grammarly provides a simple and effective style editor. The free version is available in both desktop and mobile versions, and you can access the site from any computer. You can also access the website via a browser or mobile device. Both services are easy to use.
To use Grammarly, you first create an account. If you don’t have an account, you can proceed without creating an account. For me, Grammarly is better than ProWritingAid. The reason is pretty clear. The cost you pay for a premium account is lesser in Grammarly.
If you have any feedback to share on these two incredible tools, then do comment below.