If for some reason, Grammarly is causing some issues, you will need to uninstall it for now. And this article will show you how to uninstall Grammarly the easiest way. Just a few clicks and you should be done with the problem. So keep on reading and learn how to uninstall Grammarly from your device.
How to Uninstall Grammarly
This 501 Words tutorial will tackle all the ecosystems that Grammarly is available or installed. So no matter what your operating system or web browser is, you will find all the step-by-step guides here on how to uninstall Grammarly.
You see there could be many reasons why you will need to uninstall Grammarly. It could be that you are not satisfied with its performance and does not help with your writing. If so, you must be using the free version. Check the review of Grammarly 2019 and try it. It’s super and way better than the free version.
Recommended read : 3 ways to get grammarly premium for free
Or perhaps, it’s just having an issue with another existing software on your operating system. If so, you should recall the most recent app you installed or the one that got updated.
Whatever the case may be, if you are really certain you want to uninstall Grammarly we will show you how. Whether you want it removed temporarily or permanently, this article is your guide. We will teach you how to do it the easy and quickest way possible.
Uninstall Grammarly on Google Chrome
- On your Google Chrome web browser, go to the green “G” icon on the top right corner of the page.
- Right-click on that green “G” icon to show the options.
- Click on the “Remove From Chrome” option.
- Another pop-up box will appear. Click on the “Remove” button to confirm the action.
Uninstall Grammarly on Safari Web Browser
- Open the Safari web browser.
- On the top right corner of the browser, click on the gear icon.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the “Preference” option.
- Click on the “Extensions” tab to see the installed Safari extensions you recently installed.
- Click on the Grammarly to see the options of actions that you can do.
- Uncheck the “Enable” box if you just want to disable Grammarly for the meantime.
- If you want to completely remove Grammarly, click on the “Uninstall” button instead.
- Confirm the action by click on the “Uninstall” button once again from the pop-up box.
- Do not forget to restart the Safari web browser for the actions to completely take effect.
Uninstall Grammarly on Mozilla Firefox
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox web browser on your computer or laptop.
- On the top right corner of the web browser, click on the three-lined icon.
- On the drop-down list, click on the “Add-ons” option.
- On the next page, choose the “Extensions” tab.
- You should now see all the installed Firefox extensions on the page.
- Find the Grammarly extension and click the “Disable” button if you just want to disable it temporarily.
- Or choose the “Remove” button if you want it completely removed from Firefox.
Uninstall Grammarly on Microsoft Edge
- Open the Microsoft Edge browser.
- Go to the web browser’s menu.
- On the list, click on the “Extensions” button.
- Now click on the “Grammarly for Microsoft Edge.”
- Click on the “Uninstall” option.
Uninstall Grammarly from any Windows OS
- On the Windows taskbar, point the mouse on the Windows button.
- Right-click on the Windows icon if you are using Windows 8 or later and click on the “Search” tab.
- If you are using Windows 7, just left-click on the Windows icon and use the “Search” bar.
- On the Search bar, type in “Control Panel” and hit Enter.
- Find the “Programs and Features” and click on it to see all the installed apps and software on your Windows system.
- Highlight the Grammarly and click on the “Uninstall” button at the top.
- This also works for Grammarly on Microsoft Office.
Uninstall Grammarly on Mac
- Install the “App Cleaner and Uninstaller” using the link.
- Once installed on your Mac device, the app will automatically scan for any installed apps and their service files along with the extensions.
- Find the Grammarly from the list.
- Click the “Uninstall” button.
- Confirm the removal by clicking on the “Remove” button.
We hope this has been of great help to you. If by any chance that you accidentally uninstalled Grammarly instead of just disabling it, you can always install it again from Grammarly site. Or get it through the extension page of your favorite web browser.