Thinking about buying Grammarly Premium, but not sure if it is worth the price tag? Use our Grammarly Review Guide to find out more. Grammarly was launched in 2009 as a multinational technology company by developing a digital writing tool to check grammar, wordiness, and tone as you write in order to make your work is more clear and effective. Co-founders Alex Shevchenko and Max Lytvyn built have been successful in getting over 2000 institutions and enterprise clients and can boast of 20+ million daily active users.
You can also check out other articles like this ‘Top 16 Best Webinar Software Platforms in 2020‘, ‘Concave vs Convex‘, ‘Further vs Farther’ at 501words.net. Let us proceed now to the Grammarly Review.
What is Grammarly?
Do you type professional emails or write a lot on Desktop, MS-office, or just your browser? Would you like to make sure that your writing is grammatically correct, properly worded, and has a tone that matches your writing objectives? Grammarly provides Artificial Intelligence (AI) based assistance as you type, to make sure that the content is accurate and to the point.
In fact, in a lot of cases and on the basis of personal experience with Grammarly, the extension provides support which is much beyond grammar to boost mistake-free writing. In fact, Grammarly has also been ranked as one of the most innovative companies for suggesting where everyday writing can improve.
Where can you use Grammarly?
- Grammarly Editor: Central place on the web to write and customize the type of writing suggestions that you can see
- Browser Extension: Whether you use Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, you can download the latest version of Grammarly as an extension which will assist you while you type on Google Docs, Medium, Twitter and everywhere else on the browser
- Grammarly for MS-Office: For suggestions when writing in MS-Word or Outlook, use the MS-Office version of Grammarly
- Grammarly for Desktop: If you don’t prefer to access Grammarly through a browser, you can download it for Desktop on both Mac as well as Windows
- Grammarly Keyboard: You can also download a ‘Grammarly Keyboard’ on your phone from App Store (iPhone) or Play Store (Android) and set it as a default keyboard so that all the emails and messages you type on your phone are also fully correct
- Grammarly for iPad: Grammarly app for iPad optimizes the Grammarly keyboard specifically for tablet users and can be downloaded from App Store
Depending on your usage and objective, you can decide which one of these or a combination of these would be best suited for your needs and help you grow.
- Other users like healthcare, law, engineering background
Continue reading to find out full Grammarly review on this site.
Grammarly Review: Free V/S Paid
Whilst you might be debating if the Grammarly Free or Paid version is best suited for you and is it even worth the investment? Let us analyze both pros and cons of each version, along with the pricing to ultimately help you in making a decision.
Grammarly Review: Free version
Grammarly Free uses AI-enhanced grammar, spelling, and punctuation checker with browser and MS Word Integration to check the most popular mistakes like confusing words or unnecessary punctuation. Additionally, since it is AI, it can perform way better than a normal human spell checker. It can be used by one person only and is also available in the mobile version.
Some people have concerns regarding safety when using Grammarly, but all the documents are fully encrypted with Grammarly Free also and they can not access your documents. Grammarly uses their built-in dictionary to provides suggestions for improvement, but sometimes it wouldn’t be able to detect words in other languages/local names and would red flag it.
Pros of Grammarly Free version:
- Constant Grammar and Spelling Checks
- Encrypted data
- Better than a human spellchecker
- Accurate suggestions and tone checker
- Easy to use and compatible with most devices
- Supports American, British, Canadian and Australian English
Cons of Grammarly Free version:
- Only basic feedback on Grammar and Spelling
- Lack of Plagiarism Detection
- Advanced formatting not supported
- A few minor errors related to the detection of tone or sentence check
Also, read the Grammarly Review on the premium version to make a better choice.
Grammarly Review: Premium Version
The free version of Grammarly only provides critical grammar and spelling checks. But with the Premium version you can also access readability, vocabulary enhancement suggestion, genre-specific writing check, and a plagiarism detector as well. The Grammarly premium version could be a lifesaver for people who need to write professionally to speed up their publishing process, reduced costs of editors, and overall better writing.
Some of Grammarly Premium’s suggestions can also be repetitive, subject-focused, yet most of it is spot-on accurate. Additionally, a built-in plagiarism checker also reduces a lot of work for you. Find the full prices of the Grammarly Premium Plan below.
Pricing Plan for Grammarly Premium
|Basis||Monthly Plan||Quarterly Plan|
|Price Per Month||$29.95 / month||$19.98 / month||$11.66 / month|
|Total Price for 12 Months||$359.4||$239.76 annually(Billed as one time payment of $59.95 per quarter)||$139.95 (Billed One time)|
Grammarly Review: Features Free vs Paid
|Feature||Grammarly Free||Grammarly Paid|
|Critical Grammar and Spelling checks||✓||✓|
|Vocabulary enhancement suggestions||✕||✓|
|Genre-specific writing style checks||✕||✓|
|Plagiarism detector (Database of 16 billion pages)||✕||✓|
Grammarly Premium is supposed to produce better results than with the free version of Grammarly as claimed by Grammarly themselves. They boast of the following results:
- 76% of users find writing more enjoyable than before
- 99% of students see improved writing grades
- 85% of users are now strong writers
So which one is right for you?
Now that you have adequate knowledge of the features, pros, and cons of each version, let us help you in deciding which one will be the best for you. The best way would be to ask yourself the following questions
What is your current standing?
If you are a writer or a professional copywriter or a student whose current position demands a lot of written work and if you think this would benefit you, it’d be wise to think about using Grammarly Premium. However, if your work is just basic and you need to be sure that English is proper by not being bothered by the technicalities, you can use the free version.
How strong are your current writing and grammar skills?
- Strong Writing and Grammar Skills: If you are a Native or an Advanced/Fluent English speaker, then using the Free Version could add a lot of benefits to your existing good skills and adding Grammarly Premium wouldn’t be necessarily needed
- Weak Writing and Grammar Skills: If English isn’t your plus point, yet your work/school demands a high level of work with accuracy from you, adding Grammarly premium could be an asset for you
Would Grammarly premium fit into your budget?
Take a closer look at the Grammarly Premium Prices to decide if a monthly/quarterly/annual plan is even feasible and fits into your budget. Ask yourself how much value can you get by investing in the Grammarly Premium plan?
How beneficial would add Grammarly premium be to your writing goals?
- Highly beneficial: If adding Grammarly contributes to your writing goals highly and you need the premium features, use this Chart to find out more
- Not so beneficial: If it is not going to substantially affect your writing goals by using Grammarly premium then you can get by using just the free version
Consider your writing objectives, current English skills, and the outcome you are expecting out of using the Grammarly Premium version to arrive at an informed decision.
Once you have answered the above questions for yourself, you’d have a more clear idea of whether Grammarly Premium is worth the price tag that it comes with according to your specific needs. This Grammarly review is only giving information on the basis of facts and personal usage, other users may have different needs and objectives, so it can highly differ if Grammarly is useful for you or not.
Frequently Asked Questions
🔐 I have some confidential information, will Grammarly be able to access it if I use it for Spelling and Grammar Check with Free version?
Grammarly Free as well as the Paid version uses 256-bit & SSL/TLS encryption of your document, so everything will be fully protected and no one will have access to your documents. You can have a peace of mind related to that and keep using Grammarly.
⁉️ I am still confused if I should buy premium or stay with free version?
Choosing if Grammarly Premium is the best option for you, could depend on your personal English skills as well as your writing objectives. You can first start using Grammarly Free version and test what works and doesn’t work for you. If you still feel that you can improve your writing with the help of a writing tool, you can definitely consider buying the premium version. Also, ask yourself the following questions to choose what suits you.
💵 What are the prices of Grammarly and how can I buy it?
Grammarly Premium version offers various pricing options for monthly, quarterly, and annual plan options, you can find the full list here.
To buy the premium version of Grammarly, visit this link, and at the top, you can see the option of ‘Upgrade to Premium’ in the yellow button. Just click on that, sign in to the account, and choose the plan which best suits your needs. Once you choose the plan, you can pay for it using either your credit card or your PayPal account and your Grammarly Premium package will begin immediately.
With our Grammarly review, not only have we simplified how Grammarly Free and Premium works but also it’s a full price list with a comparison between the two. We hope this gave you a clear idea of both the options available. Also, if you are still choosing between the two, ask yourself these questions and we are sure you can make an informed decision if Grammarly Premium is worth the price tag!
You can also read other articles at 501words.net.