Thinking about buying Grammarly Premium, but not sure if it is worth the price tag? Use our Grammarly Review Guide to find out more. Grammarly was launched in 2009 as a multinational technology company by developing a digital writing tool to check grammar, wordiness, and tone as you write to make your work more clear & effective. Co-founders Alex Shevchenko and Max Lytvyn have successfully got over 2000 institutions and enterprise clients and can boast 20+ million daily active users.
It is one of the leading proofreading tools and plagiarism checkers millions of people use today. Get a clearer idea about it and how it works to provide grammatical-error-free content from this following review.
You can also check out other articles like this ‘Top 16 Best Webinar Software Platforms in 2021‘, ‘Concave vs. Convex,’ ‘Further vs. Farther‘ at 501words.net. Let us proceed now to the Grammarly Review.
On this page, you’ll learn about the following:
What Is Grammarly?
Do you type professional emails or write a lot on Desktop, MS-office, or your browser? Would you like to make sure that your writing is grammatically correct, properly worded, and has a tone that matches your writing objectives? Grammarly provides AI-based assistance as you type to make sure that the content is accurate and grammatical mistake-free.
In fact, in many cases and based on personal experience, this grammar checker extension provides much more beyond grammar to boost mistake-free writing. In fact, Grammarly has also been ranked as one of the most innovative grammar checker companies for suggesting where everyday writing can improve. Get Grammarly for Free from the official site.
This inbuilt grammar checking tool is available on Google browser extensions. Professional writers or any other user can get this extension to write posts/blogs/articles without spelling errors. It is a great way to boost writing skills for beginners.
If you’re not a fan of reading, here is the video on Grammarly Review. Watch it before you buy it!
Where Can You Use Grammarly?
- Content Editor: This software is the central place on the web to write and customize the writing suggestions that you can see.
- Browser Extension: Whether you use Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, you can download the latest versions of Grammarly as an extension which will assist you while you type on Google Docs, Medium, Twitter, and everywhere else on the browser.
- Grammarly for MS-Office: For suggestions when writing in MS-Word or Outlook, use the MS-Office version.
- Grammarly for Desktop: If you don’t prefer to access Grammarly through a browser, you can download it for Desktop on both Mac as well as Windows.
- Grammarly Keyboard: You can also download a ‘Grammarly Keyboard’ on your phone from App Store (iPhone) or Play Store (Android) and set it as a default keyboard so that all the emails and messages you type on your phone are also fully correct.
- Grammarly for iPad: The Grammarly app for iPad optimizes the Grammarly keyboard specifically for tablet users and can be downloaded from App Store.
For anyone, writing progress depends on how you construct sentences, your writing process, and of course, the number of writing errors. Depending on your usage and objective, you can decide which one of these or a combination of these would be best suited for your needs and help you grow. Click here to install the free trial version now!
Before that, read reviews and additional writing insights of Grammarly.
- Other users like healthcare, law, engineering background
Continue reading to find out the full Grammarly review on this site.
Grammarly Review: Features Free vs. Paid
Whilst you might be debating if the Free or Paid version is best suited for you and is it even worth the investment? Let us analyze both pros and cons of each version and the pricing to help you make a decision ultimately.
|Feature||Grammarly Free||Grammarly Paid|
|Critical Grammar and Spelling checks||✓||✓|
|Vocabulary enhancement suggestions||✕||✓|
|Genre-specific writing style checks||✕||✓|
|Plagiarism detector (Database of 16 billion pages)||✕||✓|
Grammarly Premium is supposed to produce better and grammatical error-free results than the free version claimed by Grammarly. They boast of the following results:
- 76% of users find writing more enjoyable than before
- 99% of students see improved writing grades
- 85% of users are now strong writers
Free Version Review
The Free version uses an AI-enhanced spelling, punctuation, and basic grammar checker tool with browser and MS Word Integration to check the most popular mistakes like confusing words or unnecessary punctuation. Additionally, since it is AI, it can perform way better than a normal human spell checker. It can be used by one person only and is also available in mobile versions.
Some people have safety concerns when using Grammarly, but all the documents are fully encrypted with Grammarly Free also, and they can not access your documents. It uses their built-in dictionary to provide suggestions for improvement, but sometimes it wouldn’t detect words in other languages/local names and red flag them. You can click on this link to get the free trial version now!
- Constant Grammar and Spelling Checks
- Encrypted data
- Better than a human spellchecker
- Accurate suggestions and tone checker
- Easy to use and compatible with most devices
- Supports American, British, Canadian, and Australian English
- Only basic feedback on Grammar and Spelling
- Lack of Plagiarism Detection
- Advanced formatting not supported
- A few minor errors related to the detection of tone or sentence check
Also, read the Grammarly Review on the premium version to make a better choice.
Premium Version Review
The free version only provides critical grammar and spelling checks. But with the Premium version, you can also access readability, vocabulary enhancement suggestion, genre-specific writing check, and a plagiarism checker as well. The premium version could be a lifesaver for people who need to write professionally to speed up their publishing process, reducing editors’ costs and overall better writing.
Pricing Plan for Grammarly Premium
|Basis||Monthly Plan||Quarterly Plan|
|Price Per Month||$29.95/month||$19.98/month||$11.66/month|
|Total Price for 12 Months||$359.4||$239.76 annually(Billed as a one-time payment of $59.95 per quarter)||$139.95 (Billed One time)|
Some of Premium’s suggestions can also be repetitive, subject-focused, yet most are spot-on accurate. Additionally, a built-in plagiarism checker also reduces a lot of work for you. Find the full prices of the Grammarly Premium Plan below.
Questions to Ask Yourself When Deciding
Now that you have adequate knowledge of each version’s features, pros, and cons, let us help you decide which one will be the best for you. The best way would be to ask yourself the following questions.
What is your current standing?
Suppose you are a writer or a professional copywriter, or a student whose current position demands much-written work or blog posts. If you think this would benefit you to know grammar rules, it’d be wise to think about using the Premium version. However, if your work is just basic and you need to be sure that English is proper by not being bothered by the technicalities, you can use the free version.
How strong are your current writing and grammar skills?
- Strong Writing and Grammar Skills: If you are a Native or an Advanced/Fluent English speaker, then using the Free Version could add a lot of benefits to your existing good skills, and adding Grammarly Premium wouldn’t be necessarily needed
- Weak Writing and Grammar Skills: If English isn’t your plus point, yet your work/school demands a high level of work with accuracy from you, adding Grammarly premium could be an asset for you
Would Grammarly premium fit your budget?
Take a closer look at the Grammarly Premium Prices to decide if a monthly/quarterly/annual plan is even feasible and fits into your budget. Ask yourself how much value can you get by investing in the Grammarly Premium plan?
How beneficial would Grammarly Premium be to your writing goals?
- Highly beneficial: If adding Grammarly contributes to your writing goals highly, and you need the premium features, use this Chart to find out more
- Not so beneficial: If it is not going to affect your writing goals by using Grammarly premium substantially, then you can get by using just the free version
Consider your writing objectives, current English skills, and the outcome you expect from using the Grammarly Premium version to arrive at an informed decision.
Once you have answered the questions above for yourself, you’d have a clearer idea of whether Grammarly Premium is worth the price tag that it comes with according to your specific needs. This Grammarly review is only giving information based on facts and personal usage, other users may have different needs and objectives, so it can highly differ if Grammarly is useful for you or not.
Grammarly Free and the Paid version use 256-bit & SSL/TLS encryption of your document so that everything will be fully protected, and no one will have access to your personal data. You can have peace of mind related to that and keep using Grammarly.
Choosing Grammarly Premium is the best option could depend on your personal English skills and writing objectives. You can first start using Grammarly Free version and test what works and doesn’t work for you. If you still feel that you can improve your writing with writing tools, you can definitely consider buying the premium version. Also, ask yourself the following questions to choose what suits you.
Grammarly Premium version offers various pricing options for monthly, quarterly, and annual plan options; you can find the full list here.
With our Grammarly review, not only have we simplified how Grammarly Free and Premium works, but also its full price list with a comparison between the two. We hope this gave you a clear idea of both the options available. If you are still choosing between the two, ask yourself these questions. Make sure to inform us of your decision and if Grammarly Premium is worth the price tag!
You can also read other articles at 501words.net.