Blogging tips, are you looking for it? Blogging is the set of many skills that one needs to run and to control a blog. It can basically be considered as the process of writing, posting, linking, and sharing content easily on the internet. More than 82% of businesses believe that blogging can drastically help their efforts to acquire customers. So we bring you the top 15 best blogging tips to make you a pro blogger.
Blogging is a huge concept. There are professional bloggers as well as personal bloggers. A lot of people do not even understand how to create quality content. Since a lot of bloggers waste a lot of time doing useless things, we bring you this blogging advice and depth tutorial to help you also become a pro blogger.
Blogging can help you reap the following benefits:
- Get on the top of Google results with Search Engine Optimisation
- Relationship building with existing customers and find new customers
- Helps you increase traffic by 8 times, achieve 3 times more leads and reduce marketing expenditure by more than 60%
Blogging does come with its huge sets of perks. Read the guide to find out blogging tips.
- 1 Tips for Successful Blogging
- 1.1 1. Identify a Niche
- 1.2 2. Developing a Blogging Strategy
- 1.3 3. Research on what people are searching
- 1.4 4. Choose the right Keywords
- 1.5 5. Write a perfect headline and good content
- 1.6 6. Competitor Analysis
- 1.7 7. Learn more about ‘Google Search Intent’
- 1.8 8. Use SEO Tools
- 1.9 9. Write for people
- 1.10 10. Have a strong ‘Call to Action’
- 1.11 11. Social Media Marketing
- 1.12 12. Feedback on your writing
- 1.13 13. Keep your content up to date
- 1.14 14. Post regularly
- 1.15 15. Learn Constantly
- 1.16 How to Become a Blogger?
- 1.17 Frequently Asked Questions
Tips for Successful Blogging
More than 43% of businesses claimed that they either don’t know what blogging is or don’t blog on a regular basis. But, 55% of the ones that do, said that it was their No.1 Inbound Marketing Strategy, according to Marketing Study. So are you one of those who don’t know what blogging is and how you can benefit from it?
Use this set of blogging tips in order to earn an edge over others who don’t blog and how to emerge yourself as a market leader.
1. Identify a Niche
With more than 600 million blogs on the internet out of more than 1.7 billion websites online, it is so difficult to stand out and make your blog post reach the right audience. So the first step is to narrow down the product/service that you are offering to your customers and develop a niche that you are going to focus on. If you are going to try to reach everyone, you will end up reaching nobody. So it is very important to identify the right target audience and develop a niche market for your offerings.
2. Developing a Blogging Strategy
Once you have identified the audience and the niche, you can start blogging and tapping them. After a few weeks or months, you’d start seeing results from your blogs. Then depending on the results from search engines, you can expand the niche and target a larger audience. You’d also need to make a strategy with the objective of your blogging and how you are going forward with it. Keep reading to find out more about this.
3. Research on what people are searching
The best blogging tip is to blog about what people are searching for. You can use ‘Google Trends‘ to find out what are the breakthrough topics and trending topics that people are searching for in your country or in the world. Follow popular blogs to know more about trending topics. You can also go for social network research to know about what people are talking about these days. Another great helpful tool here would be to use a Keyword Research Tool like Keyword Surfer as an extension to your Google Chrome.
4. Choose the right Keywords
The entire blogging industry is standing on the right keywords. Your creative ideas will get proper fame when you use the right keyword and post your blog. When you use Keyword Surfer, you’d be able to see the monthly search volume of the keywords that you are using, competition, and the Cost Per Click of the Google Ad Words Campaign. This can help you in clearly analyzing if your blogs are going to receive enough audience or not. Additionally, you can also Correlated Charts and similar keywords that are drawing higher traffic. It is very essential to choose the right keywords for your blog.
5. Write a perfect headline and good content
Most of the readers decide whether to read the blog or not only on the basis of the blog post titles! Additionally, even search engines can’t find your blogs if your headline isn’t going to use the right keywords that you selected. Make sure that you are using the right keywords consistently both in the headings as well as the content. The average blog words range between 1200-1500 words.
6. Competitor Analysis
Identifying what your competitors are doing can help you give an edge in your blogging as well. You can visit their website and check the basic codes/posts to identify what market segment they are targetting. Use Ahref’s Site Explorer to find out what keywords your competitors are using and how much organic/paid traffic they are drawing. Also, calculate your ROI on the basis of this to find out your relative market standing.
7. Learn more about ‘Google Search Intent’
Google aims to provide the most relevant result for its search query. Now, intent can be to buy, information/knowledge, or even get a how-to guide. So on the basis of the keywords identified by you, perform a quick Google search, and analyze the top results. Depending on what users’ intention is from your search query, identify opportunities to blog it. This could be a lifesaver and help you rank at the top results.
Especially for business blog writers, it is very important to see fellow bloggers and their work. Online business holders should check on the user intent that helps in their digital and content marketing.
8. Use SEO Tools
More than 75% of the people blog using WordPress. So it is very easy to install a Yoast SEO Plugin for WordPress for your blogging needs. In the SEO section, make sure your Keywords, Meta Title, Meta Description, and Featured Images are added. Also, you’d be able to see the ‘Readability’ section which will help you in writing better. Optimizing a higher SEO Score would help you in becoming more relevant to the search users.
9. Write for people
While your SEO tools are for the search engine to crawl and find you, your content is for the people. So make sure your content is user-friendly, easy to understand, properly edited, and clearly formatted. People don’t want to read out something which sounds like a computer/robot is talking, they want something with a zing that hits them. So write like a human, at the least, and connect with your users.
10. Have a strong ‘Call to Action’
What do you want to achieve out of writing the blog? Here are some examples of Call To Actions that you can include depending on your objective.
- Brand Awareness: Ask users to share, like, comment on the content
- Increased Sales: Ask users to check out the product and give promotions
- More Engagement: Ask users to sign up for your Email Newsletter
A blog without a strong call to action is simply useless, so make sure to have one always.
11. Social Media Marketing
Statista says that 97% of bloggers promoted their posts using social media, which is a huge number. Social Media could be a great way to share content with your audience in order to connect and engage with them. In fact, you don’t want your blog posts to go unread/unnoticed by the people. So using the right social media platform depending on the business could be a key in promoting your blog.
12. Feedback on your writing
While a Yoast SEO Plugin could provide you with the basic AI detected writing errors or format errors, it is important to get feedback. This could be simply from people you know like your friends or family and if you are writing professionally, you could also seek advice from Editors.
13. Keep your content up to date
Once you start blogging, you’d see that your past blog posts would need editing on the basis of current trends or change in figures due to time. Therefore, always create a list of blogs which could require future editing. You can always come back to this list and update the needful accordingly.
14. Post regularly
As per Hubspot, businesses that publish 16+ posts a month receive 3.5 times more traffic than those that publish less than 4 posts per month. Hence, your post frequency allows the audience to keep in touch with your latest updates and remember the brand. But if you post just 2-3 times a month, there are chances your posts will not even show up to your audience or they would forget about it.
15. Learn Constantly
The world of blogging is evolving constantly, so in order to stay in the market and have a competitive advantage, it is important that you are constantly learning. You should try to keep upgrading your blogging skills or develop new tweaks that could help you.
While blogging can be difficult, we believe our blogging tips helped you find some important information.
You can read other articles at 501words.net.
How to Become a Blogger?
Now that you have read some blogging tips, do you also want to become a blogger and a blogging career? In 2020, technology has made it very easy for us to become a blogger. One thing that you definitely need to become a blogger is a passion for writing for a particular topic and you can be successful if you follow the Tips.
- Choose a ‘Name’ for your Blog: Make sure you choose a name that is easy to use and describes the content that you are going to post about.
- Choose a Hosting and Domain: In order to have a blog online, you need to buy hosting as well as a domain, a lot of writers use WordPress.org in order to write. WordPress is one of the most popular blogging platforms to showcase your writing skills. You can buy popular hosting and domain packages starting at $1 per month from BlueHost or GoDaddy.
- Choose Themes and Plugins for your blog: Using WordPress, you can choose free themes and add necessary details to your blog like ‘About’, ‘Contact’, ‘Services’ options. Additionally, you can add Social Media Plugin and Yoast SEO Plugin to help with your blogging journey.
- Write and Publish Blogs: After that sign in to your WordPress account, you can get started with writing your first post, and after you have made sure it is SEO Compatible and Readable, publish it! Use the tips above.
- Marketing the blog: Social media is the most preferred platform that is used by most bloggers to promote their posts online in order to engage and connect with the audience. You don’t want your blogs to go unread, so make sure you are promoting it all the right social media platforms. Other than that email marketing can be done. Get an email list to send to your readers frequently.
- Earn using blogging: Blogging can be a great source of income for you by writing sales blogs, giving ad spaces to websites, affiliate marketing, or just by simply getting very large blog traffic.
Starting a blog is really easy and can be done in less than 10 minutes online but a lot of market research and efforts go in to become a good blogger. As a professional blogger, you can get a full-time job as well.
Frequently Asked Questions
In order to make your blog better, make sure that it is visually appealing to the reader, and has a catchy title. Once you have gained the user’s attention, make sure you are writing content according to the user content with a strong call to action to achieve your blogging objectives. Additionally, make sure blogs are SEO Compatible and Readable also to gain more traffic. Don’t forget to promote them! Find more tips.
In order to make sure your blogs are interesting, make sure they adhere to the following:
Simple design and easy to read
Highlight important points in bold and make them stand out
Write like how you’d talk to a human
Write what the audience wants to read about more
Use trending topics which people might be interested in
Adhere to the blog word limits of 1200-1600 words.
Blogs’ attractiveness comes from its first theme look to the users, so you can use a free theme or choose to buy a more sleek premium theme. Inside the blog, use proper formatting and correct Font sizes and Fonts to attract the users on the basis of a content type. You can also add click on buttons or make a blog interactive.
Once you will start understanding the core process of blogs, you will soon reach the professional blogger level. It is time-consuming but not difficult. Copywriting, creative writing, RSS Feed are all core parts of blogging. There are SEO experts to guide you through the process of Google Analytics and ranking.
Blogging can boost your marketing and sales at skyrocket levels if done correctly. So consider starting your blog today and use these tips to help you achieve that. We all just want to keep writing for no one to ultimately read our blogs, so blogging tips should be considered in mind at all times when making and writing a blog. So why wait, start now!